Supporting the Local Community Throughout the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 17, 2020
Martinsville Uptown's priority is always the safety and health of our Uptown businesses owners, employees, residents, and shoppers. Because of Martinsville Uptown’s concern for everyone’s health and wellbeing, we would like to offer a helping hand in communicating any changes our local businesses have in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The following businesses have made special accomodations in order to adapt to the current situation:
- A & K Treasures will be open by appointment only. Call (315) 807-7541 or (315) 440-9659 to schedule an appointment.
- Angels Beauty Supply is now offering curbside service, and will be open to the public normal business hours. Angels Beauty Supply can be reached at (276) 632-2441.
- Blue Ridge Regional Library will be closed until March 30.
- Books & Crannies is currently selling online or by text or direct message on Facebook. All purchases will be shipped or delivered locally. Call 276-790-2481, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the website www.booksandcranniesva.com to contact order from Books & Crannies.
- Daily Grind is currently offering options to drive-thru, or curbside service. The Daily Grind asks that people reference the website for a menu at www.dguptown.com/menu and call the Daily Grind at 276 732 3587 for curbside, or call in for drive-thru.
- Dandelion Counseling will be operating by phone and video during this time. Dandelion Counseling is accepting new clients and I am able to provide mental health services for children, adolescents, and adults via video and phone sessions.
- Dr. Jones & DeShon Orthodontics is temporarily closed, and has plans to reopen on April 1, 2020.
- Forsyth Wealth Management will be offering free Second Opinion services for Financial Planning and investment management for people who might have suffered serious loses in their portfolio due to the pandemic through secure and encrypted remote screen sharing services.
- Heritage Center & Museum will be closed until further notice. Interested individuals can learn more by visiting www.mhchistoricalsociety.org or by visiting This is My Town's History-Martinsville, Virginia.
- Hugo's Restaurant & Sports Bar is will be closed until further notice.
- Jacob Law Firm's office is closed to the public effective March 16th- April 6th, consistent with the statewide court closures for all non-essential proceedings. All in-person meetings have been rescheduled to telephone conferences. Jacob Law Firm's office may be reached by telephone Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM at (276) 403-4252.
- J. Jones Ltd. will be offering home delivery to homes, and curb side service. Call (276) 632-3160 to get your items ordered.
- Mark's Jewelers will offer curbside drop off and pick up, if needed during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM, and can be reached at (276) 732-2876.
- Rania's Restaurant Bar & Grill, please call for information (276) 638-4462.
- S & K Office Products is monitoring developments with COVID-19, and is committed to the safety of customers and employees. S&K is taking extra steps to disinfect our store such as wiping down surfaces, disinfecting door handles, and using gloves when delivering supplies. For the foreseeable future, S&K will continue to operate on a normal schedule and offer free delivery to local businesses. For your convenience, S&K is now offering curb side delivery at both the Church Street and Main Street entrances. Give S&K a call at 276-632-2401 beforehand and let us know what you need and we will bring your order to your vehicle. Online ordering is available at www.skofficeproducts.com. If you are a new customer, call us to set up your account today.
- Shindig an Uptown Bistro & Catering is currently offering curbside pickup, takeout, and beginning Thursday March 19, delivery to businesses and homes.
- Uptown Pinball will be closed until further notice.
- Walsh's Chicken and More is now offering to-go and curb side service. Call (276) 632-1146 to place your order!
- WoodmenLife has the option to meet clients through webex technology or conference call, and are willing to perform a free financial needs analysis for members and non-members. Reach out to one of Woodmen's local represenatives: Scott Koebel, RSM, Beth Hale, representative, Nikki Compton, representative or Roger Dodson, representative at (276) 790-3853.
Stay healthy, and remember to support your local small businesses!!